Python Smart Download Manager – pySmartDL¶
pySmartDL strives to be a full-pleged smart download manager for Python. Main features:
- Built-in download acceleration (with the multipart downloading technique).
- Mirrors support.
- Pause/Unpause feature.
- Hash checking.
- Non-blocking, shows progress bar, download speed and eta.
- Python 3 Support
Download is as simple as creating an instance and launching it:
import os from pySmartDL import SmartDL url = "http://mirror.ufs.ac.za/7zip/9.20/7za920.zip" dest = "C:\\Downloads\\" # or '~/Downloads/' on linux obj = SmartDL(url, dest) obj.start() # [*] 0.23 Mb / 0.37 Mb @ 88.00Kb/s [##########--------] [60%, 2s left] path = obj.get_dest()
- Code Examples
- Example 1: Downloading a file and running it
- Example 2: Downloading a file to a temporarily location, not showing progress bar
- Example 3: Mirrors are also supported
- Example 4: Fetch data to memory instead of reading it from a file
- Example 5: Use the nonblocking flag and get information during the download process
- Example 6: Hash checking
- To-Do List